Sarah Kerry's blog. That's right. Me!

Tuesday 12 October 2010

6 fest, more things and knitting and stitching

In the build up to the knitting and stitching show, I got my new feather cushions online. I'm loving the pink and red for the robots, and I'm thinking it might make a good colourway for the slippers too. I've had requests for girlier slippers and would love to grant them.

The Knitting and Stitching show was mad, I'm still recovering! In the course of it, I met too many crafters to mention in a skim through list, hopefully in time I can mention them all. Lauren of Stitch London (formerly Stitch and Bitch London, one can only assume they ran out of things to bitch about and just concentrated on the craft in hand), who said some lovely things about my work here.

I'm mulling over the idea of creating some knitting patterns, hopefully not too complex, which is tricky, as a lot of my processes are a bit complicated, for example, the stuffing of the digestive is a very delicate procedure which I often have to do twice. Small knitted biscuits are ten to the dozen out there, so scaling it down is not an appealing option either.

For the record, I'm blogging more personal (but not too personal) entries here and I'm aiming to update in a more official format on my news section. That said I've bought the stuff they use for slipper socks to put on the soles of my booties & slippers, so they'll be suitable for the running children and unsteady old folks.

In other news.

My nephew can officially say my name and said "Happy Birthday Sarah" to me over the webcam. He didn't say "belated" but he did get out the blanket I made for him when he was born and sat with it on his lap running toy cars over it. It is nice to see him enjoy something I made for him and I'm really glad it's part of his everyday life, as opposed to sitting in a cupboard as a keepsake.

I managed to find time to go to 6 fest. It was awesome, and definitely a reason for being on twitter! Highlights included: Metronomy (cool), Sweet Babou (indie), Adam Buxton (hilarious), Modified Toy Orchestra (edgy) and the Jim Jones Revue (loud). Modified Toy Orchestra piqued my interest in particular. The clue is in the name, but more so than you'd think. They don't use synthesisers, just the sound the toys make, amplified. I think it's more complicated than that, the sound is darker, more beautiful and less "quirky" than you'd think. Check them out:



Joseph Mount of Metronomy described the even as looking like a disaster shelter, referring I think to the diversity in the crowd, or maybe the fact that we looked like we'd just walked in off the street. Anyway the atmosphere was fabulous and wholly joyous at saving 6 music, which was a wonderful boost in my otherwise relentless mission for the show.

Goodnight Friends







No comments:

Post a Comment