Sarah Kerry's blog. That's right. Me!

Friday 22 April 2016

Dino apron & Soft Spot

Apron in use
Apron, with obligatory loo roll

Here's an apron I made for my dinosaur and baking/craft mad nephew. I used fabric I picked up in the Nippori Fabric district in Tokyo. I can't find a good picture of the fabric on my phone or online, but if I get one I'll add it. I used a pattern from the John Lewis website. I didn't bother with the pocket (what does he need a pocket for). 

Over Easter, we discovered the fantastic work of Philippa Rice and Luke Pearson via their "Soft Spot" videos. Visually, I'd say they have an element of 1970's children's television to them and they feature some rather exquisite stop motion animation. You can check them out and sponsor them to make more videos, if you like. The most recent video is a real treat, me and husband-to-be laughed a lot.

Below is a little video the nephew and I made after watching some videos. For the sea, stuck strips of paper to the stick side of an adhesive sheet of A4 paper, unpeeling the sticky side inch by inch. The nephew drew the boat on an adhesive sheet of paper and stuck it to a piece of felt, and I cut that out for him. He would like you to know that the red in the background is lava. This was the first time he has had a go at stop motion, hopefully in the future we can spend more time on a longer one




No comments:

Post a Comment